Also in college, we had a list of "Great Lies Of Our Time" on the
wall. Some of these will be familiar to many of you. If someone
added a particularly good one, they got a free drink at the bar in our living
room, much like adding to the list of oxymorons.
- I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
- I'll just stick the head in; if you don't like it, I'll take it right
- There is no danger to the public.
- O God...if you get me through this, I'll never drink again.
- This'll hurt me more than it hurts you.
- Of course it's perfectly legal.